Thursday, July 31, 2014

Weddings, proposals, celebrations oh my!

I left for the states just in time to make it to my nieces 3rd birthday! I miss all the little ones' parties so I was thrilled to make it to one this year! The kicker was I didn't tell my family I was coming in so early (well except my mom of course) and so that ended up being pretty awesome watching everyone's reactions! Time at home is always so wonderful and no matter how long I'm there. I never want to say goodbye or leave. But as you know - all good things must come to an end.

This trip home was jam packed per usual with so many awesome trips and celebrations. One of my very best friends got married and another was proposed to! 

Ashley's wedding was just perfect - the weather was gorgeous and everything about her day went so smoothly. The speeches were complete tear jerkers, both Jared's and her sweet father's speech. Berks and Ryan (the ring bearer) were darling throughout the whole day. Ashley was such a stunning bride and was all smiles. I always feel so blessed to be apart of these monumental times in my very best friends lives. Living so far away it's always nerve racking whether I'll be able to swing a trip back so when I'm finally there and a part of the day it's the most wonderful feeling.


And for the proposal - Lacie got engaged!! I met Lacie on my first day of work at my very first 'big girl' job - Ferguson. I showed up and they explained I'd be training for months with a new girl from NY named Lacie - and Viola! the rest is history! Lacie met Stephen years ago at Ferguson. They are such an amazing pair and just so in love. Long story short - Stephen planned the engagement, sparing no details, and decided to involve many of Lacie's closest friends. The proposal was a complete surprise to Lacie and I have to say I've never witnessed something so beautiful in my life! It was straight from a youtube video that you see and ball your eyes out to. Watching it all unfold and seeing Lacie's reactions were priceless. Enjoy this little video to help get a better picture ; ) 


Sadly the one wedding I had to miss was Amanda and Ryan's in Riviera Maya, Mexico. However, thankfully I did get to celebrate her, mini bachelorette style, in Cape Charles for a weekend! We had so much fun catching up, going to the beach and eating lots of good food of course :) Here are a few pics from the beach weekend with Erica and Michelle too <3





I spent the 4th of July at Moe and Gale's little paradise at the lake and it was such a great way to end my trip to the states. Tons of little kiddies running every which way, great food, and celebrating the good ol' USA!



It was so wonderful to see everyone and I can't wait for Christmas! 146 days away! Not that I'm counting ; ) #christmasismyfavorite #loveitloveitloveit!






No comments:

Post a Comment