Sunday, April 15, 2012

Koh Phi Phi Islands


I'd say for sure the Koh Phi Phi islands in the Andaman sea are the most beautiful islands and beaches I've seen yet in Asia.  I will say they were an exact replica of the photos on calendars, websites, brochures, etc that I've seen in the past.  It's just what I always thought Thailand beaches were like - so it didn't let me down by any means!

There are about six islands total that make up Koh Phi Phi.  The islands are about an hour away from the marina in northern Phuket if you take a speedboat.  The most gorgeous one (but you can't stay on it) is Koh Phi Phi Ley.  The lagoon our boat took us in to swim was just stunning and I've never seen anything like it in my life.  The other islands we visited were Bamboo island and Koh Phi Phi Don (the main island where all the hotels are located).

Driving into the lagoon - this photo doesn't portray how gorgeous it really is - but you get the idea...


We first stopped at Bamboo island. It's a small island just with crystal clear water, beautiful white sand and nothing to do! (my kind of place!)  They did have a big wooden swing I loved - so when I get that private perfect island someday I'm certainly adding a big wooden swing to it! (one can dream right??)



Work it - work it! I snapped this while walking around the island - isn't this supposed to be the other way around?? Since when are men making the sexy poses on the beach instead of the women? HA!


We had lunch on Koh Phi Phi Don at a small restaurant on the beach. The island was really big so we hardly saw any of it.  The island is where all the hotels and villas are located and where tourists stay when they travel to Koh Phi Phi.

The last place we visited was Maya Bay on Koh Phi Phi Ley where the movie The Beach was filmed.  It actually wasn't as impressive as I imagined but maybe because of the large amount of tourist.  Regardless - Leonardo DiCaprio made it quite famous! 


Lots of tourists and lots of Speedos of course! 
It appears Alo is having an arm spasm in this one - or he is flexing!  haha

Just simply wonderful :)



1 comment: