Tuesday, April 17, 2012

If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies...



Well it was only a matter of time before something new came along - planning a trip to a new country, me convincing Alo we should buy one of the cute puppies they sell on the side of the road in Indonesia - or that we are moving...to Africa? Yup you guessed it - Alo found out recently he got a new position working on a different program in his company and we are moving to Tunisia! We are both really excited about it, yet sad to leave Indonesia.  It's been our home for the past year and we have had so many wonderful experiences together that we'll never forget.

I was apprehensive in the beginning to move to Indonesia.  I hated to leave my job in DC which I really enjoyed, my friends of course, and most of all my family.  I was nervous about living so far away and moving to a city I'd never visited nor heard very nice things about. Well if I've learned anything from this - it's JUST DO IT! You'll never know until you try.  Alo is also the most positive, go-with-the-flow, happy person I know so being across the world with him makes it much easier on any bad days!  I am so thankful we've had this opportunity together in Indonesia and look forward to our new chapter in Tunisia!

1 comment:

  1. You only live once!!! and it better include a girls trip to Europe since you will be so close now!! I love love love reading your blogs!!

    ReplyDelete