Thursday, March 1, 2012

Fasionista

This week Alo and I were invited to attend Indonesia Fashion Week 2012.  We only went to the closing runway show on the last night but there are many events that last all week long.  There are also two other fashion weeks that I think are bigger than this one - Jakarta Fashion Week and Bali Fashion Week. Doesn't make alot of since to me that they have 3 but regardless I was super excited to be able to attend one.  My friend in Jakarta owns a business that sells bathing suit and undergarmet and has shops in both Jakarta and about 10 in Bali.  He knows many of the designers in Jakarta so we tagged along with him.  This is nowhere near the calibar that NY Fashion week is I'm SURE, however it was very interesting to see nonetheless!  And the fashions were certainly different from American or European shows.  The show included top singers in Jakarta as well as important socialities from Indonesia.  There were singers dancing and singing down the runway at the same time the models were - like I said - quite different! ha.  The most surprising was seeing a pregnant girl on the runway! Of course I know nothing about fashion shows and models but thought it was rare to feature this until my friend informed me that she was a socialite therefore that is why she was in the show.  She looked great and was all belly!(envy these girls - one can be hopeful!)

Here are some photos below from the show. All were taken on my cell phone because of course we forgot the camera :)

I think i'll stick to my bargain shopping style :)

No comments:

Post a Comment