Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Back in action - Bangkok style!

Yes I know... I created another blog because once I moved out of Asia I realized I needed a blog that would work anywhere in the world. However, now that I'm back on this lovely continent, I feel it's only appropriate to get back to where I started - this blog! (and I have a secret love for my original one)

Moving away from Asia was a great way to really appreciate it. Being here can be super overwhelming at times - the hustle bustle - pollution - traffic - millions of people ALL the time - language - and more pollution - and more traffic, however once I left I realized just how amazing it really is. The people in every Asian country I've visited are just amazing. So nice, so happy, and they sure know their customer service...which if you know me - you know I highly value - Thank you Nordstrom. Not to mention there are just so many things that are so foreign to us "Americans". Like the fruits, vegetation, animals, religion, etc that it's just so intriguing. Even though I spent a year in Indonesia before and also have visited Thailand a couple times before moving here - there is SO much to learn and take in everyday I just love it. So here's to the next chapter in Thailand!

And on to the biggest topic to really write about today - Alo and I got married! 


Yes in 5 short months we got engaged and married all while living overseas for part of it (because I went home early to plan) and moving to a different country. Pat on the back? I think so! Was it easy or fun? The verdict is still out ; ) Don't ask my maid of honor - ha! But regardless - it was a completely perfect day and I seriously couldn't wipe the huge smile off my face from 7am until 3am that night - it.was.wonderful. I keep having flash backs and it's like I can remember every emotion and see it all just perfectly in my head. I can't even thank my family and friends enough for making our special day possible. And we were so honored and happy to have so many friends and family from all over travel to be apart of our day - love you all! And  If you haven't already seen some of the pictures, my photographer posted some on her blog - enjoy!:  Carrie and Alo's Rustic Vineyard Wedding

xoxo
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment